Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Bag Boys of Kroger

Dear Bag Boys at my friendly neighborhood Kroger--
I unload my shopping cart in a very organized fashion.  I do this to make your job easier.  It is obvious from the way I unload my groceries onto the conveyor belt in the checkout line that I expect certain things to be bagged separately-- such as meat and produce.  Ewww!  Those things deserve SEPARATE bags!!!  It's also obvious that some things can and should be bagged together-- such as boxes of rice, granola bars, cereal, etc.  The bread will get squished if it's bagged with anything else, so put it in a bag by itself, not between two boxes of cereal!
While I appreciate your offer to walk me to my car and load my groceries (I really do... especially when it's cold/raining or I have two kids with me), if you're not going to load my groceries carefully and in an organized way, just don't bother.  Don't put the fruit on the bottom and pile the boxes of snacks or large bag of sugar on top of it!  Don't put a case of cokes where they can slide all over the place and smash my bread when I slam on brakes (because I drive like a New York City cab driver)!
Maybe, through this rant, I have found my new calling in life.  Perhaps I should be the official bag boy trainer for Kroger.  I'll host Bag Boy Boot Camps and wear a whistle around my neck.

Ok, now that my gripe-fest is over, I feel better.  If I were a cartoonist, there would be a picture of me below this post, with steam coming out of my ears, my mouth wide open, and "@!$%$%$&" spewing from my mouth.  That's how Kroger bag boys make me feel.  Thanks for shopping with us and have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!