Wednesday, August 1, 2012

She Makes Me Smile

I never thought I could love a kid as much as the ones I babysat in college, until Joseph was born.  I remember holding him on the day he was born and actually feeling my heart grow.  I was sure I would never love anyone else that much.  Even when I was pregnant with Katie, I wasn't sure if my heart could hold any more love, but when she was born, my heart grew even more. That little girl has a personality all her own.  She cracks herself up and the rest of us too!  She is fiercely independent, yet would follow her brother over the edge of a cliff...or onto the kitchen countertop, whichever comes first.

I don't know if it's her cuteness, sweetness, or my exhaustion from dealing with her older brother causing this, but my own stubbornness and strong will is waning.  Our pediatrician told me that she needed to be off the bottle completely by 15 months of age.  Is she? NO!  I'm sure if I really pushed, I could get her to kick the habit, but then I wouldn't have a baby anymore and she would be very grumpy.  Today at lunch, we were sitting at the table together and she picked up her bottle gave it a hug and began to rock it like a baby doll.  I think this is her way of telling me that she's not ready to give it up.

Ohhhh I hope my will returns before she turns two!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!