Wednesday, May 14, 2014

D-Day: Detox Diary Day 1

So... Brian and I are tired of being tired.  And we're tired of our snug-fitting clothes.  Since we're building a house (still), and on a budget (always), we decided to do the Arbonne 28-day detox plan together.  Everything's better together, right?  I'm going to do my best to give a detailed, non-sugar-coated depiction of our journey.  Hopefully, I'll work up the nerve to post some before and after pics too ;).
First, let's be clear... I don't think I'm overweight and I'm really not doing this to lose weight.  I'm doing this to get healthy.  I KNOW my eating habits are terrible.  I KNOW Brian's eating habits are terrible.  He wears a pedometer at work and we found that he walks an average of 10 miles each day.  TEN. MILES.  Yet, his weight remains the same.  The only logical conclusion is that he eats too much crap.  The saying is true, you really can't outrun (or out walk) a bad diet.  So here goes...

Carrie's starting measurements:
Bust: Ha!
Waist: 30.5"
Hips: 39"

Ouch!  That's motivation enough!

6:15 a.m. - RUSH downstairs and pack Joseph's lunch for school, drink 1 glass of water, and fix my breakfast shake.  I used my Arbonne shaker cup (quick and easy) with 2 scoops vanilla protein powder, 1 scoop Fiber Booster (aka "Muffin Top Melter"), and about 10 ounces of unsweetened almond milk.  I also added a little crushed ice to make it extra cold.

7:00 a.m. - Finally leave the house and start drinking my shake in the car.  I'm a sip and savor kind of girl with my morning shake.  As part of my promise of full disclosure, I will tell you, mixing my shakes in the shaker cup is NOT my favorite way to have them, but for busy mornings, it's a must.  I also took one of Arbonne's new ThermoBooster pills.  You can find more detailed info about it here, but a quick description is: fat burner, metabolism booster.

8:45 a.m. - Finished my breakfast shake and went to the gym.  Drank 16.9 oz of water during workout.

10:00 a.m. - Left the gym drenched in sweat (it hurt so good!) and had a Fit Chew on my way home.  Why does working up a sweat automatically make me crave unhealthy sweets?  Must retrain my brain!
*on the way home, I got a signal that I was getting a flat tire.  Had to make a detour to the Gateway Tire store to get the tire patched.  Took longer than anticipated and was starving by the time we left at 11:00.  Had another Fit Chew.

11:30 - Finally got home, and was starving.  MUST. HAVE. DELICIOUS. SHAKE.  I put 4-5 frozen strawberries and half a banana in the blender, along with 2 scoops chocolate protein powder, 1 scoop of Fiber Boost, 10 oz unsweetened almond milk and 3 ice cubes.  Oh, sweet goodness... tastes JUST like a banana split!  Take another ThermoBooster.

After my lunch shake, I mixed up a pomegranate fizzy energy drink (I like to call it my "mommy crack") to ward off the dreaded 3:00 p.m. slump.  It is a fact that your metabolism slows down around 3:00 p.m., which is why we (Arbonne) suggests having your shakes for breakfast and lunch.  It's not a hard and fast rule, but a strong recommendation.
The package says to mix your fizzy with 8oz. of water, but that's a little too tart for me.  I mix it with about 12-14oz.

Now a word of WARNING about Fizz Sticks: it is FIZZY!  It will blow the cap off your water bottle if you shake too vigorously.  Shake it TWICE and then open it.

2:00 p.m. - Carpool line.  I'm feeling a little woozy and my thinking is a little foggy.  I was wondering when this would happen.  I've always been told that if you can make it through the first 3 days of the detox you'll have a breakthrough and will feel better then you've ever felt.  I've also heard that the symptoms of detox (removing toxins from your body and your diet) can feel like anything from a mild hangover to the flu.  It just depends on how toxic you are.  The solution?  DRINK MORE WATER!

3:00 p.m. - Not tired!  YAY!!!  But hungry.  Snack time!  My snack today: 1 whole carrot (organic), hummus (gluten free, organic, non-GMO), and water.

6:30 p.m. - Supper: Roast chicken with veggies and MORE WATER!

9:30 p.m. - Detox Tea to wind down and two fit chews to curb my late night sweet tooth.

Overall, not a bad day.  I must say, it's a pretty good feeling to know that I've had 40 grams of healthy protein, 40 vitamins and minerals, plus your entire daily allowance of fiber by lunch.  The hardest part?  Not eating my kids' snacks.  The easiest part? Not having to think about what I would eat for breakfast and lunch!  Goal for tomorrow: Drink 8 glasses of water.  (I only drank about 6 today).

By the way, if you want more information/details on what exactly Arbonne's Detox program includes (and excludes!), please comment below with your email address and I'll be in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!