Friday, May 16, 2014

Detox Day 3 - It's the Magic Number

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have turned a corner!  No more nausea!  No more brain fog!  Woohoo!

At first, I woke up feeling yucky.  I blame it on the mashed potatoes I couldn't resist at birthday dinner last night.

Pre-breakfast: Glass of ice water

Breakfast: Chocolate shake with Fiber Booster and a ThermoBooster

Mid morning at the gym and after: LOTS of water (3-4 glasses)

Lunch: Vanilla shake with half banana and 5 frozen strawberries, Fiber Booster, and ThermoBooster

Afternoon snack: Citrus fizzy energy drink and three fit chews

It should be noted that I resisted temptation at every turn today.  I took my kids to a birthday party and did not eat cake or ice cream.  I did not eat snacks or party food.  I drank LOTS of water (probably another 3 glasses).  Whenever I felt the urge to grab a handful of chex mix and stuff it in my mouth, I drank more water.  Whenever I wanted to bury my face in birthday cake, I drank MORE water.  I've always heard that hydration is key and today I proved it to myself.

After the birthday party, around 5:30, I ate a granny smith apple.  I knew I would have a late dinner again, so I needed something to tide me over.  It is truly amazing how satisfying one apple is!

Dinner: blackened tilapia and steamed veggies (broccoli, carrots, and zucchini), 1.5 glasses of sweet tea.

I just finished my cup of Herbal Detox Tea.  It has replaced alcohol as my favorite way to wind down at the end of the day.  :)

Easiest/best part of the day: no guesswork when it comes to meals.  Yay!

Hardest part: resisting the urge to revert back to my usual eating habits.

What I've learned so far: sip and savor, my friends, sip. and. savor.  Don't chug your shakes!  On average, it takes me about and hour an a half to finish a shake.  I feel SO full by the time I'm done that I often don't even drink the last ounce.

I've heard people say that their taste buds change at some point during their detox and all the unhealthy things that used to taste so good, suddenly don't any more.  I wonder if it's because they know how those foods will make them feel the next day or if their taste buds really do change.  I've also heard that eventually the cravings for unhealthy things go away too.  I'm really ready for that.  My Pinterest feed is totally messing with me!  It makes me want cheese and lightly breaded foods!  Needless to say, these first three days have given my will-power a major workout.

Cheers to the weekend!  Here's hoping I can stay strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!