Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Detox Days 5, 6, & 7

Since today is DAY 7 (seriously?!), I thought I'd measure myself to see if anything has changed.  I certainly FEEL lighter, less bloated, but the tape measure is the ultimate truth-teller.

Beginning measurements:          Day 7 measurements:
Bust: again, I say, HA!                       Bust: non-existent (still)
Waist: 30.5"                                        Waist: 29" (down 1.5" - woohoo!)
Hips: 39"                                             Hips: 38" (down 1"!!!)

Super exciting and highly motivational results!  Guys if I can do this, anyone can!  I am the LEAST disciplined person I know (next to my dear husband, of course!)

Here's how the past few days have played out:
We finished out the weekend without much excitement.  Brian and I had a few heated discussions over true hunger vs. toxic hunger, eating nutrient-dense foods, and finding a balance that he could handle in this new healthy eating lifestyle that I've imposed on him.  He promised to eat more vegetables if I promised to cook more of his favorite vegetables and stop trying to get him to eat "new" foods (zucchini, red peppers, and brussels sprouts).  He also promised that once the 30 days are up, he would stick with the program 5 days a week, but that he really felt he needed the weekends to indulge.  Totally understandable and doable, I say.

On Sunday, I stuck with the plan (mostly): shake for breakfast, grilled chicken salad for lunch, grilled chicken and veggies (marinated overnight and cooked in a foil packet on the grill - delish!) for dinner.  If I had the recipe, I'd share it, but I totally made it up as I went along.  I can tell you the marinade consisted of olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, ground mustard, a little worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and 3-4 cloves of garlic (diced).  The veggies I used were red pepper, zucchini, red onion, and one jalapeño pepper (seeded and diced).

On Monday, it was back to business as usual: shakes for breakfast and lunch.  Fit chews between meals if I felt a little hungry.
Then came dinner... On Monday night, we had family dinner out and let our son pick the restaurant.  Of course, he picks Mexican food.  I thought I could be strong, but when they set those warm tortilla chips and fresh salsa on the table in front of me, I was toast.  I ate them and, at that moment, they were delicious.  For dinner we had steak and chicken fajitas--without the tortillas.  We had done enough damage with the chips and salsa.

When we got home, I felt VERY dizzy.  I have a little bit of an inner ear issue anyway and I was once told by a chiropractor that I have food sensitivities  to corn and dairy products that will often manifest themselves in my ears.  Sounds crazy, I know.  I never believed it either until last night.  By eliminating corn products from my diet for over a week and then introducing them suddenly, I was able to realize the effect they have on me.  That is the beauty of this plan.  You eliminate allergenic, inflammatory, and generally upsetting foods.  You get your body running at its optimum level, and then you introduce your "old favorites" back into your diet, one by one.  You will truly notice which foods are your triggers and what they do to you.  It can be anything from a headache, to dizziness, to even an emotional response.  Lesson learned!

Tuseday - I stuck to the plan... no more deviating for me!  Being unable to dress my kids for bed or do any of the millions of things I need to do after they're in bed was enough to make me give up corn products for a long, long time.

Brian's results so far: He won't let me measure him, but he says he feels like his belly doesn't stick out as far anymore. He makes me giggle. ;)

Coming up in the next few days, I'll give details on traveling while on the Arbonne plan and the weekly prep I do to make having shakes at work SUPER easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!